Monday, July 11, 2011

Video Danger Panda


I have written in the past about 'Danger Panda' photos.  These are self-portrait photos taken while riding your bike.  The photos capture the moving bike with no hands on the handlebars.  A Flickr group has an active set of contributors who continuously invent clever ways to snap self-portraits.

Yet these are snapshots.  Still photos.  So 1830.

I was riding a solo 200K yesterday, and a grand vision appeared in my mind to take some danger pandas with the video camera.  I may have been half-bonked, but I had enough focus to realize it would 'raise the bar' in the Flickr group.  I was obsessed.  Out came the camera.  Here is my contribution:  [Video]

Let's follow the Flickr group over time to see if the idea flourishes or flops...




No comments: