Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I hate curbs and gutters

The only time I have fallen off a bike as an adult was when I got buzzed by a car on a 45mph two-lane road with curbs and gutters.  As I squeezed to the side, my pedal tip hit the curb and down I went.

Then yesterday on my commute home, I was climbing a hill where the road narrows with curbs and gutters when I spotted tiny broken glass shards from two big bottles sprayed everywhere.  Of course an urgent auto peleton arrived at the same time.  I was stuck rolling through the glass.  Arrgh.

I went back the next day and swept up the remaining shards.

Disabled cars block travel lanes because of curbs too.  Could we save tax dollars by foregoing these?

1 comment:

Alex moner said...

I have fallen off a bike as an adult was when I got buzzed by a car on a 45mph two-lane road with curbs and gutters. gutters adelaide