Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to disable Google Buzz

Attention Gmail Users... Google has deployed a new social networking app in Gmail this week called Buzz. I got fooled into enabling it. Buzz may be great, but I do not yet fully understand it and I am wary of automatic opt-in and privacy issues. I have disabled it completely, until more info is generally available. If you want to do the same...
- Scroll to the very bottom of your gmail screen.
- Click on a text link that says 'turn off buzz'.
Official reference:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=171460

Note the option to 'hide buzz from view' only removes the icon from the left side of your gmail screen. It does not stop buzz from running. 'Turn off buzz' does both.

I hope buzz is not evil and I am just being paranoid.

No comments: